Western of the day: A Bullet for the General
(I bought the DVD used to let’s hope it works and this won’t be another Django Kill… I’m still bitter about that because the little I managed to see of it was enough to make me change my opinion about Tomas Milian as an actor)
– I appreciate that they’re actually speaking Spanish because in the other zapata westerns I’ve seen (… well, I’ve only seen two tbh…) I don’t remember them doing so. The theme song is also in Spanish and it’s pretty great. On the other hand, there are no subtitles whatsoever, so I can’t always make out what they’re saying.
– Gian Maria Volonte is such a charismatic actor. I loved him in For A Few Dollars More. (I have to rewatch A Fistful of Dollars sometime soon, I’ve seen it like four times but I’m still not sure what happens in it because I’ve been drunk every time)
– Is that fucking Klaus Kinski again? He pops up in a lot of these. A despicable person but a great actor. His outfit is whack. Btw, I can buy Volonte playing a Mexican, but Kinski? Oh, please.
– For a while there I thought Chuncho was propositioning Niño… Oh, well. That seems to be the nature of these movies.
– Hey, ummm, this is really gay. He just killed one of his men for Niño. And thankfully saved us from a rape scene.
– Chunco’s outfit is to die for.
– “I thought you didn’t like women” yeah you’re not the only one
– Why does this soundtrack sound so familiar? I sure as fuck have never seen this movie before, but some of the music sounds so familiar I must have heard it before. It’s a good soundtrack, so I’m not complaining!
– Oh, Chuncho. I love this troubled man.
– Niño, you dead-eyed weasel, you kinda had that coming. Lmao the guy playing him was so stiff and stone-faced but it kind of fit his character so I don’t mind.
– Here’s to hoping Chuncho got away safely and found a more worthy young man to ogle at!
– Yeah! I liked this one!
really glad you liked it!
Lou Castel being stone faced and stiff as Niño was defenitly a character decision, he’s way more expressive in say, fists in pocket (a clip to prove it: https://youtu.be/NpsEDY3NqrE )